This is one of our more unique additions to the EIJIForge collection. Aside from the unokubi geometry the blade also feature a robust ha. This is reminiscent of the Japanese practice where naginatas were cut down into swords. From a functional stand point the robust ha insures that the blade can be used on hard targets .
- Blade: The blade of the sword has been constructed from forge folded differentially hardened 1095 High carbon steel – Maru Lamination. The blade features an unokubi geometry with a short bohi and robust niku.
- The blade comes full tang and capable of taking on most traditional targets.
- Saya: The saya has been constructed from wood with a deep red marbled finish and bull horn koiguchi.
- Tsuba: The tsuba is blackened iron with phoenix and leaves motif.
- Tsuka: The habaki is brass . The fuchigashira are blackened iron with a phoenix theme. The tsuka core is wooden with white samegawa and black silk ito use hishigami. The tsuka features a two pinned bamboo mekugi.
- Overall Length:24.5 “
- Blade:Very Sharp
- Nagasa Length:16.5 “
- Blade Material:1095 High Carbon steel
- Tsuka Length:7 “
- Fittings:Iron and Copper
- Tsuka Material:Ray Skin and Silk ito
- Lamination: Maru
- Note: Sword Stand Not Included.
Status : Out Of Stock